openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Ravi P Palacherla <ravi.palache...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: openjpa-integration test failures.
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:06:48 GMT

Hi Donald,

Thanks for your input.
I have 4GB ( effective 3.25GB) RAM.
I do not know why I am unable to run a java process with perm512m and 1gb
heap.
(unless it is reaching  2GB process size limitation.)

I am currently de-fragmenting, but I have a question though.
Why does I need to have 512M contiguous heap ?

Regarding if other process are taking up most of my RAM. Here is what I did
:

Mvn is failing at a java initialization and the java that is failing is :
C:\bea\WLS103\JDK160~1\jre\bin\java -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -jar
C:\TEMP\surefirebooter38008.jar C:\TEMP\surefire38006tmp
C:\TEMP\surefire38007tmp

So I ran it outside mvn at command prompt and I got the same problem.

C:\bea\WLS103\JDK160~1\jre\bin\java -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -jar
C:\TEMP\surefirebooter38008.jar C:\TEMP\surefire38006tmp
C:\TEMP\surefire38007tmp

Immediately, in the same command window, ran java on a different class with
same memory parameters and I can run it

C:\>C:\bea\WLS103\JDK160~1\jre\bin\java -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
weblogic.Server
<Aug 18, 2009 1:54:58 PM MDT> <Info> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000377>
<Starting
WebLogic Server with Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Version 10.0-b19 from Sun
Microsystems Inc.>

I am unable to understand what I am doing wrong here.
I am going to try couple of options:
1) Try with same settings on another machine.
2) Try to increase process size on my current machine to 3GB and see if it
will help.

Regards,
Ravi.