openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Radhika <radhikagopin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Issue with Update
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 19:33:38 GMT

No,

As part of my business service, I call
EmployerDAO.findByProperty(EmployerID) .

I get the employer entity and I
map this employer entity to a model object called Employer which I then send
to my front end.
the user updates some employer details.

I map my updated model object into a new Employer Entity object and then do
EntityManager.merge(entity). The entity parameter is my employer entity.
In between the mappings, I maintain the employer ID which is my primary key
, the same.

When I do an update, there are 2 records created.

Radhika