openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generators
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 18:22:05 GMT
Hi Alan,
I wonder if our documentation is in sync with the code...  The default value
for openjpa.Sequence is table.  But, I believe we override that if certain
attributes within the Dictionary are set.  For example, sequenceSQL,
sequenceSchemaSQL, and sequenceNameSQL are attributes that get set by data
dictionaries that support Sequences natively.  For example, DB2 and Oracle
are two databases that support native sequences.  And, as long as the
GeneratedValue Strategy is set to SEQUENCE, I believe this kicks in without
having to set openjpa.Sequence to "native".

Since you are looking to create a new dictionary for Ingres, this would
explain why you have to set the openjpa.Sequence property to get the desired
effect.

Can you do any experimentation to verify this?  We may need to update our
documentation or javadoc to make this clearer.

Kevin