Hi Benjamin,

On Jun 12, 2009, at 3:34 PM, Benjamin S Vera-Tudela wrote:

The reason I use the SessionBean is exactly for what you mention. That is, I don't want to write the transaction begin/commit within try/catch/finally as I like to think that session beans are used to encapsulate my business logic within transaction boundaries. Is this approach correct?

Yes. So you should remove any references to EntityTransaction from your beans.

Please note that I get the "openjpa.jdbc.Schema - Existing column "CODE" on table "APP.PROMOTION" is incompatible with the same column in the given schema definition" error message for pretty much every field in my tables (entities). I just pasted one of them in my previous note to keep the message short.

I don't see anything obvious that would cause this problem.

Anyone else?

Craig

Craig L Russell

408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com