openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan Raison" <Alan.Rai...@luminary.co.uk>
Subject DBDictionary appendSelectRange
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:07:16 GMT
Hi all

I've just found out that Ingres now supports an "offset" for SELECT
statements; SELECT FIRST n FROM table OFFSET m;

Looking at the appendSelectRange method, it doesn't look like I can put
the "offset" keyword after the FROM clause, so I will need to override
the toOperation method - except that the toOperation method which does
the work is private, so I would need to override every toOperation
method in order for it to be called.

Any ideas why this method is private?  Could it be relaxed to protected?

Alan