openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 80-column line width & auto-generated model classes
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 14:27:55 GMT
A few interesting points with this discussion...

1)  Under what conditions should we be checking in these generated metamodel
classes?  We don't want the metamodel classes generated for all of our
Entities, do we?  Seems like a waste of build time.  So, how are we
determining which Entities should have generated metamodel classes?

2)  Our processing in this arena can help define a "best practice" for our
eventual JPA 2.0 users.  That is, how and when to do the metamodel
generation.  How to package these generated classes for the application.
And, whether these should be checked into SVN or not.

3)  And, why do we continue to have the 80 column limit for our source
files?  :-)  It seems so archaic.

Kevin