openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: Extend the source/test code line width to 120 chars
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 14:15:06 GMT
Hi Pinaki,

Before I vote I'd like to know what you propose to do for existing files?
Should they be reformatted, left as is with the occasional long line, or
should we preserve history (like Andriod [1])?

I'd also like to propose 100 as the limit (120 makes three way diffs tricky
to fit on the screen). David Ezzio suggested 90 in the [DISCUSS] thread so
that might warrant consideration.

[1] http://source.android.com/submit-patches/code-style-guide
-mike