openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Miłosz Tylenda <mtyle...@o2.pl>
Subject RE: SUBSTRING() arguments
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 18:28:06 GMT
Hi Alan,

It looks like a similar problem we have with PostgreSQL. I haven't looked into it yet. If
the problem boils down to casting to a specific type, you could try to override the substring
method so that it creates something like

SUBSTRING(?, CAST(... AS specific_type))

The reason might also be that Ingres won't accept anything other than numeric literal (Firebird
does that if I remember) as the argument of SUBSTRING. If this is the case, we probably can't
help it and only literals (constants) will be allowed as an argument.

Regards,
Milosz

> Hi Milosz
>
> The requiresCastForMathFunctions was true.  When set to false, I get the same error,
without the CASTs:

> Function requires argument to be numeric. {SELECT t0.id, t1.id, t1.city, t1.phoneNumber,
t1.postalCode, t1.state, t1.streetAddress, t0.NAME0 FROM IDC_Company t0 INNER JOIN IDC_Address
t1 ON t0.ADDRESS_ID = t1.id WHERE (((POSITION((t1.city) IN (SUBSTRING(?, ((? - ?) + 1))))
- 1 + (? - ?)) + ?) > ?)} [code=330897, state=42000]"

> I guess that&#039;s why I set the "requiresCast..." property, but it doesn&#039;t
seem to be working!

> Alan

running it with requiresCastForMathFunctions=false?