openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Turn off enhancement by subclassing as the default
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 18:27:57 GMT

Hi all,

Just re-tallying the votes.

Turn off subclassing by default in trunk :
+1 : Mike, Jeremy, Albert, Rick (non binding?), Donald,  Kevin, Craig
+0 : no one
-1 : no one
Abstained : Pinaki
Total +6 (7 with Rick)

Turn off subclassing by default in 1.3.x :
+1 : Mike, Rick (non binding?), Donald, Kevin, Craig, Pinaki
+0 : Jeremy
-1 : Albert
Abstained : No one
Total +4 (5 with Rick's vote)

I would like to add that this does not mean that we will remove the
subclassing code, or that we'll never consider improving it or re-enabling
it in the future. It's only a measure to prevent users from going down this
path (given its limitations) without being aware of it.

To that end I've assigned OPENJPA-651 to myself and I'll make the
appropriate changes in trunk (no -1 votes, 1.3 can follow later).

-mike