openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dynamic class enhancer and Java 5
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 17:31:26 GMT

Hi Rick,
 Seeing them in a local Eclipse environment -- which on good days knows
about its classpath etc. and does not complaint much (and Fridays are
generally good).

  > Perhaps you have some PUs defined somewhere along your classpath that
doesn't have any persistent classes listed?
  Got scores of them all over. But I really liked the following message:

31  default  WARN   [main] openjpa.Runtime - The persistence unit "default"
was found multiple times in the following resources
"[file:/C:/projects/fields-enum/src/conf/META-INF/persistence.xml,
file:/C:/projects/fields-enum/build/conf/META-INF/persistence.xml]", but
persistence unit names should be unique. The first persistence unit matching
the provided name in
"file:/C:/projects/fields-enum/src/conf/META-INF/persistence.xml" is being
used.

  By the way, what is the criteria you use to pick up one persistence.xml
over other when multiple PUs exist of same name?

> openjpa.DynamiceEnhancementAgent=false, to see if that makes a difference.
it does. The message goes away.

Rick Curtis wrote:

> Pinaki Poddar wrote:
>>
>> I am suddenly seeing a lot of these (on the trunk):
>> 31  WARN   [main] openjpa.Runtime - Could not create the optional
>> validation provider. Reason returned: "No default ValidatorFactory"
>>
> I've been seeing these also, but they don't appear to be related to the
> enhancer changes.
>

> Pinaki Poddar wrote:
>>
>> and few of these even when Domain classes are in the persistence.xml:
>> 31  INFO   [main] openjpa.Enhance - You have enabled runtime enhancement,
>> but have not specified the set of persistent classes.  OpenJPA must look
>> for metadata for every loaded class, which might increase class load
>> times significantly.
>>

> Are you seeing these when running through the OpenJPA UT bucket, or when
> you're running some other local tests? Perhaps you have some PUs defined
> somewhere along your classpath that doesn't have any persistent classes
> listed?
>
> You could try disabling the changes I made
> openjpa.DynamiceEnhancementAgent=false, to see if that makes a difference.

-----
Pinaki Poddar                      http://ppoddar.blogspot.com/

http://www.linkedin.com/in/pinakipoddar
OpenJPA PMC Member/Committer