openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dynamic class enhancer and Java 5
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 16:32:21 GMT

I am suddenly seeing a lot of these (on the trunk):
31  WARN   [main] openjpa.Runtime - Could not create the optional validation
provider. Reason returned: "No default ValidatorFactory"

and few of these even when Domain classes are in the persistence.xml:
31  INFO   [main] openjpa.Enhance - You have enabled runtime enhancement,
but have not specified the set of persistent classes.  OpenJPA must look for
metadata for every loaded class, which might increase class load times
significantly.

Rick Curtis wrote:

> Milosz -
>
> The docs are correct that the enhancer is loaded when running only on Sun
> JDK 6. The message is logged incorrectly, but it shouldn't affect your
> code. I'll open a JIRA for the issue.
>
> -Rick
>
> MiƂosz Tylenda wrote:
>>
>> Hi All!
>>
>> I have noticed that when I run a test against Sun JRE 5 or 6 with a
>> -javaagent option, OpenJPA issues the following:
>>
>> INFO   [main] openjpa.Runtime - OpenJPA dynamically loaded the class
>> enhancer. Any classes that were not enhanced at build time will be
>> enhanced when the are loaded by the JVM.
>>
>> On the other hand, our manual suggests me this message should be output
>> only with Sun JDK 6 and without -javaagent [1]. Is this behavior correct?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Milosz
>>
>> [1]
>> http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/manual.html#ref_guide_pc_enhance_dynamic