openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 80-column line width & auto-generated model classes
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 15:17:01 GMT

Hi Mike,
> Are the files generated during the build process or are they committed to
> SVN?
They are committed to SVN. Other Junit Test code needs them at
development/compile time.

> I think they should comply before we commit them.

They are generated by an automatic source code writer. The writer/code
generator does not  have a notion of line length limit during output. To
enforce it via that code generator is neither trivial for the way it emits
different code elements nor I have bandwidth to invest. If compliance to
line length limit is paramount, then whichever issue (I still could not find
that JIRA) is handling that task may take that up.

-----