openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 80-column line width & auto-generated model classes
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 15:09:17 GMT

Hi Kevin,
  > 1)  Under what conditions should we be checking in these generated
metamodel classes?
  To construct, compile and test 'typesafe' Criteria Query.

  > We don't want the metamodel classes generated for all of our Entities,
do we?
  No, we do not. I have deactivated the annotation processor (that generates
these metamodel classes) as a part of compilation for similar reasons.

  > So, how are we determining which Entities should have generated
metamodel classes?
  The ones that participate in testing Criteria Query.

  > 2)  Our processing in this arena can help define a "best practice" for
our eventual JPA 2.0 users.
  Correct.

  > And, whether these should be checked into SVN or not.
  These classes must be available at compile-time for user/test application.
Within TeamCity, I could not think of any other alternative to *not*
checking them into SVN. However, I had not checked them in initially. When
Fay joined to develop tests, I took that as an opportunity to observe an
'unbiased user' and noticed that she generated these meta-model classes,
used them to write the queries and checked them into SVN.

-----