openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Bauer <techhu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Congratulations to Donald!
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 14:46:24 GMT
Hi Ravi,

It is great that you are interested in becoming an OpenJPA committer.
Quality patches and activity within the community are important activities
for committership.  Your JIRA work and activity on the mailing lists are
steps in the right direction.  The OpenJPA PMC looks for long term
contributors to the project when deciding to invite someone to become a
commiter.  To borrow a phrase from Kevin, we are looking for marathoners,
not sprinters.   Continued contributions and remaining active in the
community show a long term interest and are essential for committership.
The PMC continuously keeps an eye out for new committers and will certaintly
keep you in mind. Keep up the great work, remain active, and keep checking
your inbox.  :-)

-Jeremy