openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Turn off enhancement by subclassing as the default
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 00:17:25 GMT
+1 to turn it off in both 1.3 and trunk.

Turning it off will not let it be forgotten. Every user who naively
runs without benefit of enhancement will get a nice message just like
today. The difference is that after getting the message that
enhancement was not done, today the user continues and tomorrow the
user will have to actually read the message.

The message should direct the user to explicit instructions on how to
enhance the classes, and how to run without enhancement.

I can tell you that it took me a while to figure it out.

Craig