openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Propose additional uses for openjpa-integration
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 03:04:30 GMT
On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 12:24 PM, MiƂosz Tylenda <mtylenda@o2.pl> wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> > > A future scenario to consider, would be moving DB specific tests (that
> > > target a single DB like Oracle, DB2, ...) into integration subprojects,
> so
> > > every junit that remains in openjpa-persistence-jdbc is always active
> (not
> > > excluded in surefire or skipped due to the DBDictionary) and should
> always
> > > pass on every supported DB.
> > >

> > +1 I think this is a good idea.  It would also provide a structured means
> > add, locate, and run database specific tests.  This is fairly ad-hoc at
> the
> > moment.
>
> That might be a good idea but there might also be an uncomfortable question
> with this: how do we treat the tests which should pass on a subset of
> databases? A few examples:
> - tests making use of schemas
> - tests making use of sequences
> Not sure whether to treat them database-specific or not.

Good point. Testcases that are common to a number of databases should be in
o-p-jdbc with the annotations / if checks that disable them for invalid
configurations.. Tests that *only* execute on ${your database here}  could
be split out into an integration project (might be too few of these to
justify it though).

> Greetings,
> Milosz

-mike
// is never sure whether this should go before or after the quoted sig.