openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Time to create a openjpa-all Jar?
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 21:11:37 GMT
Hi Donald,

I hate when people respond like this. I know we talked about renaming
openjpa-all to openjpa at some point in the past but we ran into some
issue(s) with doing so. I haven't been able to find the relevant emails
though.

So bearing that in mind I think this sounds like a good idea. I don't
particularly like the mismatch between the maven artifact name and the
directory name either.

I think I'd prefer a different name for the new (and improved) openjpa-all
directory though. Maybe openjpa-bundle or openjpa-osgi. Something to
differentiate it from the old name seems like a good idea to me.

Regarding this module, where are you drawing the line regarding which
dependencies to include? If we were to include commons-dbcp in our binary
distribution would that be included in the new osgi bundle? What about spec
jars etc.? I'm just curious how bare bones we want to be with the osgi
bundle.

That's all off the top of my head, thanks for bringing it up.

-mike