openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From MiƂosz Tylenda <mtyle...@o2.pl>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Propose additional uses for openjpa-integration
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 17:24:28 GMT
Hi All!

> > A future scenario to consider, would be moving DB specific tests (that
> > target a single DB like Oracle, DB2, ...) into integration subprojects, so
> > every junit that remains in openjpa-persistence-jdbc is always active (not
> > excluded in surefire or skipped due to the DBDictionary) and should always
> > pass on every supported DB.
> >

> +1 I think this is a good idea.  It would also provide a structured means to
> add, locate, and run database specific tests.  This is fairly ad-hoc at the
> moment.

That might be a good idea but there might also be an uncomfortable question with this: how
do we treat the tests which should pass on a subset of databases? A few examples:
- tests making use of schemas
- tests making use of sequences
Not sure whether to treat them database-specific or not.

Greetings,
Milosz