openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenJPA examples need OSGi!
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 18:06:10 GMT
For runtime depends, I completely agree that we should discuss before
the code goes in.

For test and build time depends (like maven plugins and test harnesses),
I don't see why we need prior review, as long as the artifact is
available in the public maven repos and uses an ASF friendly license
(where something that used LGPL or GPL would warrant discussions) and is
not required by the runtime.

Guess the grey area, is optional runtime depends, like the OSGi Core jar
in the recent openjpa-example changes, where it was my bad that the
checked in code required OSGi at runtime instead of optionally
supporting it by adding the optional BundleActivator support....

-Donald