openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <>
Subject Re: OpenJPA examples need OSGi!
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 17:56:37 GMT
Yep, sorry for that.  Thought I had checked in the version that didn't
always require OSGi.  The goal was to enable hellojpa so it could be
used for a simple OSGi integration test/example while still allowing it
to be used as a stand-alone example that only requires ANT and the jars
provided in the binary assembly.  I'll get it fixed today.  Thanks for
reviewing and providing excellent feedback and guidance.

Pinaki Poddar wrote:
> Hi,
>   Noticed that some recent changes made OpenJPA HelloWorld to depend upon
> OSGi.
> Impressive but questionable change.
>   And the example JavaDoc says:
> /**
>  * A very simple, stand-alone program that stores a new entity in the
>  * database and then performs a query to retrieve it.
>  */
>   The classic "Hello World" was built on KISS -- and that principle still
> remains valid especially for getting started examples. A separate example
> should be constructed to demonstrate OSGi integration capability.
> -----
> Pinaki Poddar
> OpenJPA PMC Member/Committer
> JPA Expert Group Member