openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Propose additional uses for openjpa-integration
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 17:10:54 GMT
There are two scenarios that I'd like us to consider using the
openjpa-integration component for testing in trunk -

1) Validation - using a new integration subproject to test our optional
bean validation support against one or more providers.  This will allow
us to keep the junits in openjpa-persistence-jdbc focused on the default
no validator scenarios.

2) Lock/Timeout testing - moving most of the lockmgr and lock/query
timeout tests out of openjpa-persistence-jdbc to a new integration
subproject to reduce the time required to run the main-line tests

Both of the above subprojects would be setup to always run in the tests
goal, so top-level builds would still run all of the existing plus new
junits.

A future scenario to consider, would be moving DB specific tests (that
target a single DB like Oracle, DB2, ...) into integration subprojects,
so every junit that remains in openjpa-persistence-jdbc is always active
(not excluded in surefire or skipped due to the DBDictionary) and should
always pass on every supported DB.

-Donald