openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Junit tests taking longer to run on trunk?
Date Thu, 07 May 2009 19:59:55 GMT
Just noticed in the past week or so that the openjpa-persistence-jdbc
bucket went from taking about 30 mins. to run for me under JDK5 on my
Mac (Core 2 Duo @ 2.5GHz) to around 45 mins. now (and same results on
WinXP)....  Anyone else noticed this?

So, I dug into the openjpa-persistence-jdbc results and noticed that the
lockmgr tests are taking about 26 mins. of that time to run by just
executing that subset of tests -

mvn -o test -Dtest=org.apache.openjpa.persistence.lockmgr.*
-Dopenjpa.loglevel=TRACE

Looking at the run times -
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.lockmgr.TestMixedLockManagerRefreshPermutation
takes 15 mins. to run
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.lockmgr.TestMixedLockManagerLockPermutation
takes 4.2 mins. to run
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.lockmgr.TestMixedLockManagerFindPermutation
takes 4.2 mins. to run

Has there been any relevant changes introduced by the recent metamodel
or criteria work that could have affected the tests like this?

If not, is there anyway we can reduce the amount of time or number of
tests we run for lockmgr testing?  Seems that we have included way too
many tests (creates/deletes around 678 threads during the tests) for a
simple unit test goal and most of these could be moved to a SVT bucket....

-Donald