openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <>
Subject [DISCUSS] Time to create a openjpa-all Jar?
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 18:39:43 GMT
I've noticed several threads on the users list where we keep getting
questions about the runtime dependencies needed for OpenJPA and would
like to propose OPENJPA-1063:

1) rename the current trunk/openjpa-all directory to trunk/openjpa to
properly match the OpenJPA aggregate artifact name of
openjpa-${version}.jar used today.

2) create a new /trunk/openjpa-all/pom.xml which creates a OpenJPA +
depends + OSGi bundle metadata aggregate artifact
openjpa-all-${version}.jar, which users can grab if they want all of the
runtime dependency levels used to build/test.  This would not include
any Derby, ANT, Postgresql or IBM dependencies.

A follow-on to #2 (OPENJPA-1062), will be adding the OSGi bundle
metadata, to allow easy out-of-the-box installation and usage of OpenJPA
on Apache Felix or Eclipse.

View raw message