openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <>
Subject Re: Stale input streams, take two
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 17:55:36 GMT
Hi Michael, and thanks for your interest.

Yes, flushing it manually works, but seriously restrict the flexibility
of such a good feature as the streaming lobs.

I'm trying to use them as any other type in a form framework, and
unfortunately cannot simply flush when I encounter a stream because the
entity could not be complete yet, causing constraint errors.

Any idea on how to close those streams in an abstract way?

Michael Dick wrote:
> Hi Simone,
> What happens if you flush the change manually and then close the stream? It
> wouldn't be ideal, but it might avoid the other problems you're seeing.
> -mike
> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Simone Gianni <> wrote:
>> Hi all again,
>> the previous thread on this subject died, so I'm bringing it up again. The
>> question is still how to close the input stream an application gives to
>> OpenJPA streaming lob support, since OpenJPA requires that stream to be open
>> until it flushes it to the database, which potentially happens outside the
>> application scope.
>> Which is the listener that should be used to close those streams? Otherwise
>> how to close it at the right moment to prevent stale streams and errors in
>> OpenJPA?
>> Simone
>> --
>> Simone Gianni            CEO Semeru s.r.l.           Apache Committer

Simone Gianni            CEO Semeru s.r.l.           Apache Committer

View raw message