openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From MiƂosz Tylenda <>
Subject Re: Junit tests taking longer to run on trunk?
Date Thu, 07 May 2009 20:27:09 GMT

I have also noticed this. I don't think the metamodel and criteria stuff is the cause. I suspect
we test a lot of method call permutations and the tests are mainly waiting for deadlock or
timeout. I am also in favor of trying to reduce the time. Maybe not all premutations are needed
or query timeouts may be set to some lower value.

> Just noticed in the past week or so that the openjpa-persistence-jdbc
> bucket went from taking about 30 mins. to run for me under JDK5 on my
> Mac (Core 2 Duo @ 2.5GHz) to around 45 mins. now (and same results on
> WinXP)....  Anyone else noticed this?
> So, I dug into the openjpa-persistence-jdbc results and noticed that the
> lockmgr tests are taking about 26 mins. of that time to run by just
> executing that subset of tests -
> mvn -o test -Dtest=org.apache.openjpa.persistence.lockmgr.*
> -Dopenjpa.loglevel=TRACE
> Looking at the run times -
> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.lockmgr.TestMixedLockManagerRefreshPermutation
> takes 15 mins. to run
> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.lockmgr.TestMixedLockManagerLockPermutation
> takes 4.2 mins. to run
> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.lockmgr.TestMixedLockManagerFindPermutation
> takes 4.2 mins. to run
> Has there been any relevant changes introduced by the recent metamodel
> or criteria work that could have affected the tests like this?
> If not, is there anyway we can reduce the amount of time or number of
> tests we run for lockmgr testing?  Seems that we have included way too
> many tests (creates/deletes around 678 threads during the tests) for a
> simple unit test goal and most of these could be moved to a SVT bucket....
> -Donald

View raw message