openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Jody Grassel <fyrew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Child object deletion from tree
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 15:14:25 GMT
Good morning, JP

I don't think that the functional behavior you're interested in exists as of
yet in OpenJPA.  The JPA Spec defines operation cascading, where say, an
em.remove() operation invoked on an entity is also propagated along entities
in a relationship marked with the appropriate cascade type.  But there are
no annotations or collection implementation types with special methods which
imply that entities removed from a relationship out to have em.remove()
implicitly invoked on them.  Callback methods can't really be used either,
since the spec discourages the use of entitymanager operations within the
callback method body.