openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From JayaPrakash <>
Subject Child object deletion from tree
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 23:41:37 GMT

           Is it possible to delete a child from an object tree while
merging the whole object?

For example I have an Order and a LineItem objects, and the Order has a
onetomany relationship with LineItem. The Order has 5 LineItem objects and
want to delete one of the LineItem objects when I do

To accomplish this what I would like to do is, while I send the Order object
to my DAO class, I would send only 4 LineItems in the list eliminating the 1
LineItem which I wanted to be deleted from the Database.

Can anyone let me know pls, if this kind of deletion is supported by

I appreciate everybody for taking a look at my post.

Sent from the OpenJPA Developers mailing list archive at

View raw message