openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Bauer <techhu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Summer of code project - OpenJPA 2.0 Sample Suite
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 14:52:00 GMT
Hi Martin,

I'm happy to hear that you are interested in the samples project.  The
OpenJPA project would be very happy to have you on board.  OpenJPA is sorely
lacking examples.  A robust suite of examples would significantly help users
to get starting using new JPA 2.0 function as well as provide examples for
using OpenJPA's powerful extensions such as fetch groups.

Arguably, the samples project is more important from a base OpenJPA / JPA
2.0 project perspective.  But, be sure to consider your own interests as
well.  All the projects would provide considerable benefit to OpenJPA and
it's normally more enjoyable to work on a project one finds more
interesting.  :-)

Rick Curtis (cc'd) has also been looking into some JPA 2.0 samples.  If you
decide to work on the samples project and/or have questions please feel free
to contact Rick.  Pinaki Poddar (cc'd) is the main contact for the slice
related projects.  Both of these guys subscribe to the dev list.

-Jeremy