openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Proposed maintenance branch policy
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 17:01:09 GMT
Hi Michael,

I think there is a bigger piece missing. I remember we had a
discussion on the branch/tag/release strategy and I can't find it now
(perhaps it's an orphaned wiki page).

What would make it easier to understand is to have a brief
introduction to the release and maintenance strategy. If no one can
find it, I'll create it from memory and put it into the wiki.

Something like this: OpenJPA releases are numbered with
major.minor.update schemes. Releases have a maintenance branch
numbered major.minor.x. Each maintenance branch can build the next
release in the series, e.g. 1.0.x will build 1.0.4-SNAPSHOT.

Craig

On Apr 27, 2009, at 8:21 AM, Michael Dick wrote:

> Would it be easier to read if I put a link to the table? The column
> for
> contact release manager before committing could be filled in to make
> it more
> obvious that the release is open.
>
> -mike
>
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@sun.com
> >wrote:
>
>> Hi Miłosz,
>>
>> An "open" release is a branch that is still able to be committed to.
>> Releases that have shipped are not open.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Craig
>>

>> On Apr 26, 2009, at 12:11 AM, Miłosz Tylenda wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Section "Where should I put my fix?", I am not sure what it means,
>>> "open
>>> release". Are these 2.0.x and 1.3.x branches currently?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Milosz
>>>

>>> Hi,

>> Craig L Russell