openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Proposed maintenance branch policy
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 21:25:56 GMT
Hi David,

On Apr 28, 2009, at 1:43 PM, David Ezzio wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> I'm not sure I understand the following:
>
> "Fixes which are committed to an earlier release should also be
> present 'up-stream'. Ie a fix for 1.0.x should also appear in 1.2.x."
>
> I'm unclear about who should make it appear in the upstream
> releases. In other words, I apply a fix today to trunk and to 1.1.x
> (with approval).  Who applies the fix to 1.2.x and 1.3.x?

I'd say you start with trunk and work backwards, recommending that the
fix be applied to 1.3.x and if you get any pushback, then stop. If
it's ok for 1.3.x, then try 1.2.x. Rinse and repeat.

> And how do we track  all the branches where a fix has been, should,
> or should not be applied.
>
> Ideally, the JIRA would do this work for us, but maybe there's a
> simpler way.

I think JIRA actually does support the issue being fixed in multiple
releases. I don't know of a simpler way than marking the JIRA with
multiple releases.

Craig