openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: orm.xml does not override annotations
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 03:21:53 GMT
Hi Oleg,

I think the mailing list filtered your attachments. Could you upload them to
something like filebin [1] or put the source code in pastebin [2]?

Which version of OpenJPA are you using for your test?

[1] http://filebin.ca/
[2] http://pastebin.com/

-Mike

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 7:19 PM, Oleg Zenzin <zenzin@intalio.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I need to use both annotations and orm.xml to be able sometimes override
> mapping defined with annotations in the compiled file. According to manual:
>
> *Persistence metadata is specified using either the Java 5 annotations
> defined in the javax.persistence package, XML mapping files, or a mixture of
> both. In the latter case, XML declarations override conflicting annotations.
> *
>
> I have created and attached test case where I use orm.xml to override a
> column name: class org.intalio.tempo.workflow.task.Task has field _id
> which is mapped to column "TID" by use of annotations. In file orm.xml I map
> this same field to column "ITD" and expect OpenJPA to create DB schema
> accordingly (openjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings=buildSchema). But my test
> shows that it does not happen, i.e. *mapping defined in orm.xml does not
> impact or override mapping defined with annotations*.
>
> Where did I miss something, is this a bug?
>
> Thank you,
> Oleg Zenzin
>
> ps. please change file extention to "zip". It contains project descriptors
> for IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse and build scripts for Buildr<http://buildr.apache.org/>and
ant. Unfortunately I was not able to ship all libs due to size