openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA plugin for Eclipse?
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 12:10:57 GMT
Hi Arjun,

Without the plugin (or one of the other enhancement mechanisms) you'll still
be able to maintain the state of the database in your pojos. OpenJPA won't
be as efficient as it can be though. Many applications will work without
enhancement, but performance may be worse and they'll consume more memory
than needed.

The plugin installs via the Eclipse update site mechanism from the site:

The plugin is available from the update site

    http://people.apache.org/~ppoddar/eclipse/

Use Update Manager Help->Software Updates... to install it in Eclipse
platform.

Regards,
-mike