openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From David Ezzio <dez...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposed maintenance branch policy
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 21:45:21 GMT
Hi Craig,

In some cases the process starts differently.  A fix is needed for
branch 1.1, and to be polite (and conforming) it is also applied to
trunk.  So then, what's the process for the 1.2 and 1.3 branches in this
case?  It seems unfair that the person fixing 1.1 and trunk should also
fix (really nag and fix) every other branch, and it seems inefficient
that the branch managers be left to fend for themselves in determining
which fixes applied to trunk might be of interest to them.  And when is
the JIRA issue closed?

Hmm.  I missed how to indicate in the JIRA that a problem is fixed in a
particular branch but still pending as a problem for other branches.
Could you take a look at 1002, and tell me how to indicate that the
problem is fixed for 2.0, but remains unfixed for 1.3?

Cheers,

David