openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From David Ezzio <dez...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposed maintenance branch policy
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 20:43:48 GMT
Hi Craig,

I'm not sure I understand the following:

"Fixes which are committed to an earlier release should also be present
'up-stream'. Ie a fix for 1.0.x should also appear in 1.2.x."

I'm unclear about who should make it appear in the upstream releases.
In other words, I apply a fix today to trunk and to 1.1.x (with
approval).  Who applies the fix to 1.2.x and 1.3.x?  And how do we track
  all the branches where a fix has been, should, or should not be applied.

Ideally, the JIRA would do this work for us, but maybe there's a simpler
way.

Thanks,

David