openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From David Ezzio <>
Subject Re: Proposed maintenance branch policy
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 20:43:48 GMT
Hi Craig,

I'm not sure I understand the following:

"Fixes which are committed to an earlier release should also be present
'up-stream'. Ie a fix for 1.0.x should also appear in 1.2.x."

I'm unclear about who should make it appear in the upstream releases.
In other words, I apply a fix today to trunk and to 1.1.x (with
approval).  Who applies the fix to 1.2.x and 1.3.x?  And how do we track
  all the branches where a fix has been, should, or should not be applied.

Ideally, the JIRA would do this work for us, but maybe there's a simpler

Craig L Russell wrote:
> Hi,
> I think it would be a good idea to formalize OpenJPA's policy with
> regard to maintenance branch responsibilities.
> The draft is published at
> for
> review/comment.
> Feel free to comment by either posting on the wiki or discussing on this
> email thread. Once we have consensus, the wiki will be considered policy.
> Thanks,
> Craig
> Craig L Russell
> Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System