openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Latest OpenJPA version for testing?
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 18:19:40 GMT
As far as which branch to use, we're shooting for a 2.0.0 release of
trunk in 4Q this year, if the JPA 2 Spec dates don't move again.  If you
need something sooner and more stable, then I'd suggest using the 1.2.x
branch.

I didn't have any problems with the build or junit tests yesterday, so
I'm guessing it is something related to your environment or partial
Eclipse build.

Try the following:
1) Extract the complete branch source
    trunk - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/trunk
    1.2.x - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/branches/1.2.x
2) Perform a maven build and run the junit tests with Derby with either
Sun Java SE 5 or 6
    cd trunk
    mvn install
3) Then try adding in your DBDictionary source and adding a test profile
to openjp-persistence-jdbc/pom.xml for your DB

-Donald