openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From ArjunReddy <interviewp...@yahoo.com>
Subject OpenJPA J0ins question
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:56:06 GMT

Hi All,

I have a question regarding OpenJPA Joins.

Lets say I have Table A and Table B.

Table A Columns:
id
pwd

Table B Columns:
Password

Table A's Pwd has a foreign key to Table B's Password.

Table B with inserted data:

Password
---------
xyz
abc

Table A with inserted data:

Id    Pwd
--    ---
1     xyz
2     xyz

Now, If I join Table A and Table B using the following query:
Select * from Table B INNER JOIN A ON  B.Password = A.Pwd;

I am getting the following result:

Password Pwd Id
xyz         xyz  1
xyz         xyz  2

But when I am using the following query using OpenJPA:
"SELECT All FROM B All INNER JOIN All.Password A"

I am getting both the instances of Table B, xyz and abc instead of getting
just xyz.  I am confused now. It should return back only one instance right?
Am I doing the Join query wrong?

Please let me know.

Thanks.