openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From ArjunReddy <interviewp...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 0penJPA QueryCaching
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2009 06:28:16 GMT

Um... Anybody?

Hi All,

I am trying to cache the query results generated and later on use the results from the cache
instead of touching the database.

This is what I am doing to put/get the values from the cache.

**********
final String queryString = "select P from Parents P";
Query query = getEntityManager().createQuery(queryString);

OpenJPAEntityManagerFactory oemf = OpenJPAPersistence.cast(EntityManagerHelper.getEmf());
QueryResultCacheImpl queryResultCache = (QueryResultCacheImpl)oemf.getQueryResultCache();

QueryCache qCache = queryResultCache.getDelegate();

qCache.put(key, (QueryResult)query.getResultList());  // Put into the cache
QueryResult cachedItems = qCache.get(key);      // Get from the cache

The thing I don't understand is how do I get the QueryKey (Referred to as key here in my code)
?

I tried doing this
QueryKey key = QueryKey.newInstance(q); but the q here in this line of code is supposed to
be of type org.apache.openjpa.kernel.Query?

Can anybody help me with this please?

Thanks.