openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From rpalache <>
Subject Question regarding DefaultMissingInfo of MappingDefaults property.
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2009 00:51:03 GMT

Hi all,

Is there any relation between checking column name properties like ( column name can not be
equal to database reserved word -or- column name can not be more than X characters etc.. )
and DefaultMissingInfo property of openjpa.jdbc.MappingDefaults ?

To be more specific, if Iam running openJPA against oracle DB and I mention  one of the following
in my persistence.xml:

case 1: <property name="openjpa.jdbc.MappingDefaults" value="default(DefaultMissingInfo=true)"/>
case 2: <property name="openjpa.jdbc.MappingDefaults" value="default(DefaultMissingInfo=false)"/>
case 3: <property name="openjpa.jdbc.MappingDefaults" value="jpa"/> ( default)

and I have a persistence class which has a variable name "date"  like
private Date date = null;

in which of the above cases openJPA will replace my column "date" to something like "date0"

Sent from the OpenJPA Developers mailing list archive at

View raw message