openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From ArjunReddy <>
Subject 0penJPA QueryCaching
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:22:12 GMT

Hi All,

I am trying to cache the query results generated and later on use the results from the cache
instead of touching the database.

This is what I am doing to put/get the values from the cache.

final String queryString = "select model from StaticContent model";
Query query = getEntityManager().createQuery(queryString);

OpenJPAEntityManagerFactory oemf = OpenJPAPersistence.cast(EntityManagerHelper.getEmf());
QueryResultCacheImpl queryResultCache = (QueryResultCacheImpl)oemf.getQueryResultCache();

QueryCache qCache = queryResultCache.getDelegate();

qCache.put(key, (QueryResult)query.getResultList());  // Put into the cache
QueryResult cachedItems = qCache.get(key);      // Get from the cache

The thing I don't understand is how do I get the QueryKey (Referred to as key here in my code)

I tried doing this
QueryKey key = QueryKey.newInstance(q); but the q here in this line of code is supposed to
be of type org.apache.openjpa.kernel.Query?

Can anybody help me with this please?

Sent from the OpenJPA Developers mailing list archive at

View raw message