openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From jklcom99 <jeff_k...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA plugin for Eclipse?
Date Sat, 11 Apr 2009 22:50:06 GMT

Rick,

Do I still need to download the OpenJPA binaries if I downloaded the OpenJPA plugin for Eclipse?
Is there an project example using both Dali & OpenJPA plugins?

Arjun-
That is correct that the Dali plugin doesn't mention anything about OpenJPA. The Dali plugin
is a generic JPA plugin that will work for any JPA implementation. See section 1.1 of the
user guide [1.] where mentions installing a JPA implementation of your choosing. This is the
part where you need to download the OpenJPA binaries and hook them into the Dali plugin.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion.

-Rick

[1.] http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/dali/docs/dali_user_guide.pdf