openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Logemann ...@logemann.org>
Subject Re: my report regarding MethodQL in the user list
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 11:49:00 GMT
> ResultObjectProvider (ROP) because everything else expects a ROP.
> However,
> these ROPs often get wrapped multiple times before being returned to
> the
> user -- we can reduce the wrapping for MethodQL because the user
> method
> exactly knows what is it returning as result.
> Please see the test case in the recent commit about how the result is
> unwrapped in the user application.

Will take a look. I only checked if the parameter arrives at my user
method so far (so much other stuff to migrate from my Kodo3 codebase
like custom field mappings and stuff) . So i have not played with ROP
but i hope this object ist not THAT voodoo to get the real results of
it :) But i will check the test case.....

> The parameter declaration can also be made optional -- because the
> type of a
> parameter X can be inferred when the user is setting the value of X.

Thats what i actually thought when you provide me with the internal
API call. Why supplying it, openJPA could know it from setParameter()
on the Query. I tried to find a fix for exactly this, so that you dont
need to do anything, but to be honest, i was not able to figure out
all the inner workings in that area within 1-2 hours. And of course i
dont have a running openJPA build system for testing.

Marc