openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Drop build support for Java 5?
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:49:30 GMT
Are there any concerns with building with Java 6 and running in a Java 5
environment?  Will this just "work" out of the box?  Or, do we need to build
with the -target option to be compatible with Java 5?  Or, do we need to
produce both versions?  We still need to support the Java 5 runtime
environment, even if we build with Java 6.

Kevin