openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Drop build support for Java 5?
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:01:59 GMT
Per the discussion with OPENJPA-5 [1], the question of continuing support of
building with Java 5 has been brought up.  Due to the annotation processing
that will be required for JPA 2.0, the use of Java 6 will become a
requirement for trunk.  But, do we have to continue to support building with
Java 5.  Pinaki has recently committed changes to allow building with either
Java 5 or Java 6, but these changes will affect our code path as it relates
to connection processing.  So, should we bite the bullet and pull the plug
on Java 5 from a build perspective?  This would be for trunk (JPA 2.0) only
and beyond.

Comments, suggestions, complaints are all welcome.

Thanks,
Kevin

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-5