openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve OpenJPA 1.2.1 release
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 16:14:04 GMT
Hi Albert comments inline.

2009/3/6 Albert Lee <allee8285@gmail.com>

> Mike, just a few comments
>
> 1) In the release note, the " Release Notes - OpenJPA - Version 1.2.1."
> should be hightlighted.

We can do this in future releases. I'm not sure it's worth re-spinning just
for a formatting change.

> 2) The link below can remove the suffix "&view=markup" so that it goes
> right
> to display the content.

+1, the revision was just a copy from the link in viewcvs. A better link is
here :

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openjpa/tags/1.2.1/openjpa-project/RELEASE-NOTES.html?view=markup
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openjpa/tags/1.2.1/openjpa-project/RELEASE-NOTES.html?revision=749830&view=markup>

> 3) The binary.zip is 18 Mb, which is 7 Mb less than the version of the
> previous release. Looks like the javadoc and source java files are removed
> from the openjpa.121.jar in the binary zip file.

That's intentional see OPENJPA-713. We could include the sources jar and
javadoc as separate artifacts in *binary.zip if the community  thinks it's
useful. Maybe it's worth creating a javadoc zip as a separate download?

4) The doc links to the TOC of the manul, I wonder if we can link to the
> framed version like
> http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/main.html?

There is no main.html for 1.2.1 at the moment (or it didn't get built I'll
look into it).

Thanks for doing the release.