openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From MiƂosz Tylenda <mtyle...@o2.pl>
Subject Derby test suit speed-up
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2009 13:15:24 GMT
Hi All!

Have anybody experimented with setting default Derby timeout in our test suite? I have set
the timeout to 5 seconds and the test suite execution time felt down from 34 to 19 minutes
on my system. Part of my openjpa-persistence-jdbc pom.xml looks like this:

                    <systemProperties>
                        <property>
                            <name>openjpa.Log</name>
                            <value>DefaultLevel=${openjpa.loglevel}</value>
                        </property>
                        <property>
                            <name>openjpa.ConnectionDriverName</name>
                            <value>org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource</value>
                        </property>
                        <property>
                            <name>derby.stream.error.file</name>
                            <value>target/derby.log</value>
                        </property>
                        <property>
                            <name>derby.locks.waitTimeout</name>
                            <value>5</value>
                        </property>
                        <property>
                            <name>openjpa.ConnectionProperties</name>
                            <value>DriverClassName=${connection.driver.name},Url=${connection.url},Username=${connection.username},Password=${connection.password},${dbcp.args}</value>
                        </property>
                    </systemProperties>

We could consider setting this permanently. Hope it will not affect timeout-related tests.

Greetings,
Milosz