openjpa-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jeremy Bauer (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (OPENJPA-932) Runtime enhancer doesn't work propery if there is a trailing persistence.xml file on the classpath.
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 16:14:50 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-932?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12681373#action_12681373
] 

Jeremy Bauer commented on OPENJPA-932:
--------------------------------------

Comments on patches dated 2009-03-10 07:49 AM and 2009-03-11 08:41 AM.

1) PUNameCollision and related methods in ProductDerivations should be moved to PersistenceProductDerivation
to keep openjpa-lib free of persistence artifacts.

2) Creating a jar is much preferred to checking one in, but I'm not sold on that yet either
since (unless I'm mistaken) it is always in the classpath when running tests.  Anyone have
other ideas for testing this scenario?

> Runtime enhancer doesn't work propery if there is a trailing persistence.xml file on
the classpath.
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: OPENJPA-932
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-932
>             Project: OpenJPA
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: kernel
>    Affects Versions: 1.2.0, 2.0.0-M1, 2.0.0
>            Reporter: Rick Curtis
>         Attachments: OPENJPA-932-2.0.patch, OPENJPA-932-2.0.patch, OPENJPA-932-unitTest.patch
>
>
> I have an application where I am using runtime class enhancement via the javaagent and
I set openjpa.RuntimeUnenhancedClasses=unsupported. My application works fine when running
on 1.1.0 but when I moved to 1.2.0 (and 2.0.0) I started getting errors because my classes
aren't being enhanced. 
> After debugging I determined that I had a jar on the end of my classpath that had a META-INF/persistence.xml
file in it. The extra persistence.xml file has no PUs defined, and should have been ignored.
When I removed that jar from my classpath things starting working again. It also works if
I put my META-INF/persistence.xml file on the end of my classpath.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message