openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Joseph Weinstein <>
Subject Is setQueryCache() broken, and how to fix?
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 17:54:17 GMT
Hi all, I am starting my climb to being able to fix OpenJPA bugs,
and would like anyone's opinion on a case I want to fix or at least
  My current problem involves a case where the application code wants
no query cache, and causes setQueryCache(false) to be called, reaching

Note that QueryCache is set to true in the properties file. Then the
code executes a query, and during the query, and during it's processing
I nevertheless see caching:

     [java]     at org.apache.openjpa.datacache.ConcurrentQueryCache.putInternal(
     [java]     at org.apache.openjpa.datacache.AbstractQueryCache.put(
     [java]     at org.apache.openjpa.datacache.DelegatingQueryCache.put(
     [java]     at org.apache.openjpa.datacache.QueryCacheStoreQuery$CachingResultObjectProvider.checkFinished(
     [java]     at org.apache.openjpa.datacache.QueryCacheStoreQuery$
     [java]     at org.apache.openjpa.lib.rop.EagerResultList.<init>(
     [java]     at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.toResult(
     [java]     at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(
     [java]     at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(
     [java]     at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(

If I totally turn off caching in the config, we use a
being used, not a QueryCacheStoreQuery...

So how should the no-cache state in JDBCFetchConfigurationImpl
have reached/affected the query processing?

thanks in advance for your expertise,
Joe Weinstein at Oracle

View raw message