openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Derby test suit speed-up
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 14:48:11 GMT
The tests may not break, but the results could be completely different
and passing for the wrong reason.

Seems that we should also set derby.locks.deadlockTrace
    http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.0/manuals/tuning/perf79.html
and review the trace results, since a lot of the tests just catch an
exception today as the expected test result and don't examine it to
ensure it was the expected type, given a locktimeout will throw a
SQLException.
    http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.0/manuals/tuning/perf82.html

-Donald

MiƂosz Tylenda wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> Have anybody experimented with setting default Derby timeout in our test suite? I have
set the timeout to 5 seconds and the test suite execution time felt down from 34 to 19 minutes
on my system. Part of my openjpa-persistence-jdbc pom.xml looks like this: