openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Drop build support for Java 5?
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:56:41 GMT
Why do we need to support Java 5 users with OpenJPA 2.0?
If someone wants to continue using Java 5 after it's end-of-service date
this year, then they can continue using one of the
1.0.x/1.1.x/1.2.x/1.3.x branches....

Don't see why we need to bend over backwards for Java 5, consider the
JPA2 Spec is part of the JEE6 Spec, which requires Java 6 or later.

-Donald