openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From MiƂosz Tylenda <>
Subject Re: *TypeName values
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:55:21 GMT
Hi Alan,

In this case the dictionaries usually either stay with the default value from DBDictionary
or, where possible, emulate the unsupported type by using some other which they do support,

clobTypeName = "VARCHAR";
tinyintTypeName = "SMALLINT";

If you are wondering how to do the mapping, some guidance is put in a JDBC tutorial [1].
I don't remember seeing any dictionary setting a *TypeName to null, so this might be a risky
road. As for the xmlTypeName it is OK to stay with the default value from DBDictionary.

The is a good test case for checking a dictionary in this area.

> Hi all
> What is the correct value for the *TypeName properties of DBDictionary
> subclasses who do not support those types - for example xmlTypeName.  I
> have set them to null for the Ingres Dictionary I have been developing,
> is this right?
> Alan

View raw message